Bearings (Mounted Bearings)
Bearings are mounted bearings that are used to provide support for rotating shafts. This type of bearing is positioned in line parallel to the shaft axis. Their design allows them to provide great support for rotation, especially in handling loads that can range from light to heavy, so they are widely used in pumps and conveyors.
This type of bearings have a self-lubricating design, they have a reservoir that serves to store lubricant, so they do not require constant external lubrication for optimum performance, this saves time in stops for lubrication and maintenance of equipment, its lubricant reservoir extends the lubrication intervals so it also extends the life of the bearing.
Do you need a Bearing Bushing (Mounted Bearing) Distributor?
At BRR® Refacciones Industriales we are distributors of bearings for different States and Cities such as: Puebla, Querétaro, Edo de México, SLP (San Luis Potosí), Ciudad Valles, León Guanajuato and Toluca. In addition, we have an online store of Chumaceras (Mounted Bearings) for the rest of the Mexican Republic.
What are the Chumaceras?
A bearing is a mounted bearing used to support a rotating shaft.
There are several types of bearings:
- Tensioner: This bearing is very often used in conveyor belts where the belt and shafts are aligned. This allows you to keep the belt centered correctly, it has a guide that allows you to loosen or tighten the track according to the needs of the application.
- Wall: Wall-mounted bearings are distinguished by the fact that they are fixed to the machine, where the shafts are placed. These bearings have a frame with 4 holes that serve to fix it to the support.
- Flange: This type of bearing allows the alignment of the shafts vertically and is fastened by means of two screws. It has the great advantage of being able to be calibrated according to the requirements of the application that requires it.
Parts of a Bearing
In order to identify these components, a code called nomenclature is assigned to them, with which they can be categorized and details such as the type of screws and elements with which they can be combined can be specified quickly and optimally.
Thanks to the nomenclature, it is also possible to indicate the types and uses that a bearing can have; to read the code, it is necessary to know that it is divided into 5 segments:
- Two letters referring to the type of bearing to be used with them
- Formed by a letter, the second segment indicates the type of bearing to use with that bearing
- The third segment is a number indicating the diameter of the bearing body.
- Formed by two numbers, the fourth segment corresponds to indicate the bearing bore diameter
- The fifth segment combines a letter and a number, representing an additional code that can indicate the type of screws to be used, either round head or lag screws.
BRR Refacciones Industriales is a leader in the supply of these components, with strong alliances that allow it to offer its customers products of the highest quality that can guarantee safety, reliability and efficiency. The bearing brands it handles are:
Free Courses on Bearings
The course on basic concepts and dimensioning of bearings is aimed at technical office personnel or personnel involved in the design of machines and mechanisms containing bearings. The course aims to show the basic concepts on the use of bearings, the different dimensioning methods as well as the practical design considerations for the correct operation of bearings.
Mechanical and Surface Equipment Course - Bearings (Basic)
Mechanisms and Machine Elements Course - General Bearing Theory
Bearing Assembly Course (FAG)
This course is intended to provide both service personnel and assemblers with instructions on the correct handling and proper mounting and dismounting of bearings. A special chapter deals with bearing damage and its causes. The tables contain designations, tolerances and adjacent bearing parts, values for internal clearance and a summary table of FAG Arcanol bearing greases.
Request your quote now.
Our team of experts is available to meet all your requests.